"Trying" to send money to Japan

Rsonya98
Contributor
Contributor

I'm trying to send money to Japan, and everything is okay on my end.  I get the "website" info as well to pay, but he doesn't have a website.  Just a personal account to a personal account.  He called and was told that he could not receive funds from a personal account to a personal account, that it needed to be a business account.  Just trying to send my stepson some money for x-mas:)  Any info would be appreciated.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Rsonya98

I think its more likely to be a currency issue, what currency are you sending and how are you funding the payment via paypal?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

review Paypal fee and schedule .

Login to Me Too

Rsonya98
Contributor
Contributor
I did get it figured out. Don't know if it's a PayPal thing or a Japanese thing, but he can't receive money in Japan unless he has a business account. So...I decided to use the money transfer method through Xoom, which is a PayPal product or partner, I believe. It's a 10 dollar fee, and requires you knowing the recipients bank info and all that. It converts to yen very easily, but did take 4 days, I believe. But it did work, now I can send without a problem. Thanks!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.