"Sorry, please try again later."

palladium
New Community Member

I see this message, "Sorry, please try again later." when attempting to send (transfer) money to someone. It has been appearing for over 48 hours.

The thing is, is that the message is meaningless. Is it a Web-Browser issue? Javascript? Network connection? Is it me? Is it you? Did I watch too much TV?

I have tried Firefox and Chrome... Just even a little bit more indicative of JUST WHAT WENT WRONG would be a real help!

Look like I will have to go back to cash.

Login to Me Too
13 REPLIES 13

sashea129
New Community Member

I'm getting this same message. It's very frustrating. Does anyone know what's going on????

Login to Me Too

BlondieStoop
Contributor
Contributor

Have you tried Internet explorer? Some say the issue occurs frequently with Chrome and Firefox. I personally had that issue, but mine goes away after a day or so.

Login to Me Too

billing
Contributor
Contributor

I'm not seeing any answers to this problem and have been experiencing it for hours.  I have absolutely no idea where to start looking for an answer to such a vague error message and have tried both IE and Firefox browsers.

Login to Me Too

Xelyore
Contributor
Contributor

This is a common issue if you do not have a verified credit card. To do this:

Authorize PayPal to send a code to you

1. Log in to your PayPal account.
  2. Click Profile.
  3. Click My money.
  4. Click Update beside Credit cards.
  5. Click Confirm My Card.
  6. Click Continue.

Or

2. Click Profile.
  3. Click My money.
  4. Click Link and Confirm My Card.
  5. Click Save and Continue.

It can also occur without a verified email. To do this:

Here's how to confirm your email address:

2. Click Profile near the top of the page.
    3. Click Update next to Email.
    4. Choose an email address and click Confirm. We'll send an email to that address.
    5. Open the email, and click the link to confirm your address.

Also make sure that your credit card company is allowing purchases via the internet. Some disable it if they detect some fraud activity, 95% of the time just being over safe. After completing these steps try calling your credit card company

Login to Me Too

billing
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for your help.

All our account information has long been verfified, I'd just sent a different payment successfully, and the payment that won't go through is someone I pay regularly through paypal.   No help received yet through through email and I'm still getting the same error message 11 hours later.

Login to Me Too

LowiePete
New Community Member

Just how annoying was that message, especially as it's apparently meaningless!

The easy solution is to click on the "Classic Site" link at the bottom left of the pane.

That'll take you to a tried and tested part of the site where the payment will go 

through without error.

The new interface is hopeless in that it doesn't even meet very basic  accessibility,

read that as usability, guidelines e.g. forcing a keyboard user to reach for a mouse

and not providing proper highlighting of fields in focus to mention just  two.

Considering that PayPal is presumably paying loadsamoney to qualified web 

designers, basic errors like this should be a thing of the past.

Regards,

Steve 

Login to Me Too

pmc160
New Community Member
Thanks for this info - changing over to the Classic site resolved the issues I've been having. I agree with you completely - what is the point of creating and publicly launching a new site that does not allow people to do the absolute basic fundamental of the business...transferring funds!
Login to Me Too

iliaivanov
Contributor
Contributor

I'm getting the same error.. Now I'm waiting for an email from their support... but I'm pretty sure that it will be useless, just like the case when I changed my account to business type and absolutely the same happened. 

Login to Me Too

BlueSky3
New Community Member

Same here and agree with you 100% but this must have been thought thru design. Similar to error message that may appear for loggin. They will not tell you if the password is wrong or your username just to protect you from hackers who may try to get crackin on your credentials.

Bottom line is that even PayPal agent had not clue why that was being populated. Moreover, they did not see it on their end in my case. Very frustrating. Agents should be trained on system behavior,

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.