"Pending" incoming funds

Jillsephine
Contributor
Contributor

When (what time) on the date specified, do funds go from "Pending" to usable?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor
Those dates are estimated dates. It all depends on business days and the banks involved. I would imagine you'll see it by tomorrow if it never did hit today.

Angell EYE - www.angelleye.com
PayPal Partner and Certified Developer - Kudos are Greatly Appreciated!

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor
There isn't any simple to this. Is it pending because of an e-check? If so, this should typically update after 2 - 5 business days depending on the bank involved.

Is it pending because of an eBay hold or a general PayPal funding hold? If so, this could be 30 day, 60 day, 180 day hold...it should tell you that in those cases. It could also be a temporary hold that would be released once shipment tracking shows delivered, or if it's an eBay sale it could release when the buyer submits a positive feedback.

Lots of things can cause a pending payment, and depending on the cause the time to clear could be different.

Login to Me Too

Jillsephine
Contributor
Contributor

It will be a week tomorrow for an E-check.  Pending statement says it would be available on 2/12/18, today. It's 5:58 pm and still says pending. Counted on this being available as stated so I could transfer to a bank account. Kind of important to be able to count on the date specified.

Login to Me Too
Solved

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor
Those dates are estimated dates. It all depends on business days and the banks involved. I would imagine you'll see it by tomorrow if it never did hit today.

Login to Me Too

Snow-Cat
Advisor
Advisor

No way to answer that - it can be up to 21 days - depends on the status of your account and/or the sender's account.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.