"Hasn't accepted yet"

Tilano
Contributor
Contributor

I have tried to send money to a friend and I keep getting the message that the transaction is pending and hasn't accepted yet.  The person receiving it can't see the transaction in their account.  I saw in the community post that someone had the same problem and was asked if the transaction was in US dollars and the person receiving it was in the US.  The answer to both of those questions is "yes" both are in US.  What does she have to do to "accept" the transaction?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_Ashley

Hi @Tilano

Thanks for dropping by the PayPal Community Help Forums! I'm sorry to hear that there have been some recent concerns about the status of a payment. 😞 

It sounds like you may be looking at an unclaimed payment. An unclaimed payment is a payment that hasn’t been accepted or denied by the recipient.

Common reasons why a payment may show as unclaimed are:

• The recipient doesn’t have a PayPal account. When you send money, we immediately email the recipient. The email contains a link that they can click to open a PayPal account and claim your payment.
  • The recipient needs to accept or deny your payment. (Premier and Business account holders can choose which payments they accept either automatically or on an individual basis.)
  • The recipient’s email address or phone number was entered incorrectly when you sent your payment. You’ll need to cancel the transaction, then reenter the email address or phone number and send your payment again.
  • The recipient hasn’t confirmed the email address or phone number on their PayPal account.
  • The recipient has not confirmed their bank account.
  • The recipient doesn't have an active currency balance in the currency sent, or has opted to not automatically accept payments in the currency the payment was sent.

Note:

• Unclaimed payments are automatically reversed after 30 days.
  • You may want to remind the recipient that you sent them a payment.
  • Refunds to a credit or debit card can take up to 30 days to appear on your card statement.
  • If there’s a problem with the payment you sent, please get in touch with your recipient.
  • Fixed fees - $0.30 USD per transaction - are not refundable. To learn more about variable and fixed transaction fees, click Fees at the bottom of any PayPal page.

I hope this helps! 🙂

-Ashley

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too

Touro1

I am having this same problem. I have 2 paypal accounts, one of which I made a payment for a school club, and my personal account says we haven't accepted the payment. I have verified the clubs email and bank account and still no luck. Please help. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.