question about purchase protection

papermate9921
New Community Member

Hey,

quick question. I want to purchase an item online thru a website. The website provides me an invoice then it directs me to pay via paypal. Am i covered under the purchase protection this way or does the paypal payment have to be integrated into the website ? Trying to purchase a stroller.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Snow-Cat
Advisor
Advisor

Nothing wrong with paying by invoice, you should be covered for Buyer Protection - note, the payment button on the invoice will take you to the PayPal Checkout screens - there you should have the option to pay with a credit card or through your PayPal Account.   Also, as long as the seller can ship and track the item - it's good for both under the terms of the User Agreement for Seller and Buyer Protection.

Login to Me Too

LorieLeRoy
Contributor
Contributor

If someone does not have a paypal account and I want them to go thru paypal to make payment.  I need to know if I'm not being scammed?  Do they need my name or email address to make a payment?

Login to Me Too

Snow-Cat
Advisor
Advisor

As the seller, you should send an invoice - by doing so - the buyer can pay as guest without having to have a PayPal Account.  All you need is the buyer's email address - the buyer needs nothing from you - if the buyer is insisting on additional info from you - it's time to move on - you'll find another buyer.   Invoices provide better documentation of the item being sold which may be quite useful in a dispute or claim.   Note, you will be charged the 2.9% + $.30 processing fee on the total amount - it's just the cost of doing business.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.