putting funds on hold

ranchodelsol
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, 

I am selling an expensive item (saddle) and the buyer wants to try it out first. I want the funds to go on hold but how do I do that? 

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

You don't.

Why would you want to put funds on hold?  What would be the goal?

Why would you even ship a saddle for a customer to try it?  It doesn't make sense to me.

If you don't trust PayPal seller protection policies and you have questions about a buyer's sincerity, best to sell elsewhere to a different buyer you trust.

Login to Me Too

ranchodelsol
Contributor
Contributor

Horses are all built differently so saddles are tried to see if they fit the horse and also the rider. Saddles are expensive. The buyer wants to try the saddle for the stated reasons. I don't know this person and she doesn't know me. We both need protection. She can put the funds into my account and know they are hold until she either buys the saddle or it is returned to me in the condition on which it was received. I will be mailing the saddle to her. 

I am not an ebay seller and wanted to know the procedures for holding the funds which I have been unable to locate. 

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Will you shipping show online tracking for delivery?   If not, then buyer has 180 days to claim non-delivery and get a full refund.

That's according to PayPal policies which you can't modify.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.