problem with refund on ebay

qsilver888
New Community Member

i live in the states, and do not ship internationally

but a guy who is in another country wanted to buy 19 items, decided ok i will do it

then he says that another guy is going to ship me some stuff and would i send all of it together

well this other item never came, hence the money has been in paypal and i did not ship anything

so the buyer wants money back

i want to give him his money back

then he opened 19 ebay cases against me

so i am going thru and sending refund one by one and then i have 13 done

now when i try to send the last six it keeps telling me there is a problem issuing refund go to paypal

so i did, even called then and the "solution" was to just send the guy the balance of the money as "payment" or as "a friend"

well stop me when im wrong, but if i send it to him this way, then i have no recourse becasue i still have all the ebay cases opened and figure i will get kicked off of ebay with 6 case closed without seller resolution

but then again dont want to send a "gift payment" to someone across the world who isnt even verified

so what can i do ?

any help appreciated

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

It didn't take much to see this scam coming.  You should have immediately refunded all as soon as you got payment.

NEVER send money as friends/family when you want to refund.  It would be a simple GIFT to the buyer and the remaining transactions would be open so the buyer could file a dispute for non-delivery and get a refund.

Not all PayPal agents are knowledgeable to give good answers.

Why aren't you using PayPal to manage the refunds?  There should be a refund option for each of the transactions on your PayPal account.

Do all of the transactions actually exist in your PayPal account on your computer?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.