pending

Sumatra
Contributor
Contributor

8.10.17 an invoice was paided incorrectly. The money was refunded to me the next morning. I was sent  new invoices that were paid correctly.

Now 8 days later the money for the original invoice have been taken from my bank. The trans action shows as "pending" in my PayPal account.

I called the merchant to see if he had recieved funds again and he said no.

A customer service rep told me I would be refunded by the next morning. He 1000% it will happen. It did not. I called on the 19th and "Elizibeth" after 10 minutes or longer was finally able to see the "pending" status and was pretty much indignate to the situation.

How and why does this happen? I need that money to pay obligations. I did not authorize the transaction. I feel I was defrauded by PayPal and I am going to file a police report to protect my self in cane of future letigation.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Sumatra

You paid incorrectly and the seller refunded.

Thing is that when you pay a seller it is never instant > paypal CREDIT the seller and then paypal take the wait for your funds to transfer from your bank account. This is so buyers get their items more quickly.

When the seller issued a refund they were issueing paypals credited funds.

So your bank transfer payment had not even left your bank account yet (and it can't do a u-turn once authorised) > so once it reaches paypal as a refund has been issued it will be credited to your paypal account balance and you can withdraw it back to your bank account again.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.