pending money

karelle62
New Community Member

My Uncle sent me money, it says it's pending...I need it now.  Why is it being held?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@karelle62

Thats your reason then its an echeque.

Normally when someone pays you its never instant, paypal credit you the funds and then paypal take the wait for the funds to transfer from the senders funding source ie bank account.

BUT they only take that risk if someone has a back up funding source ie card linked to their paypal account as well. If they don't then it goes as an echeque and you have to take the wait for it to clear.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@karelle62

Depends how he sent it ie the option he used as to why its pending.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

karelle62
New Community Member

"eCheck estimated completion date is March 22, 2018. Do not ship items until you receive payment"  that's the message it gives me

Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@karelle62

Thats your reason then its an echeque.

Normally when someone pays you its never instant, paypal credit you the funds and then paypal take the wait for the funds to transfer from the senders funding source ie bank account.

BUT they only take that risk if someone has a back up funding source ie card linked to their paypal account as well. If they don't then it goes as an echeque and you have to take the wait for it to clear.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.