paypal holds my money 21 days

jsimonton
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal holds my money 21 days after ebay transaction. Customer picked up product in person and left positive feedback. What a scam just so they paypal can hold money and make interest on it, while small business owners and low income people struggle to get their funds. F*$K paypal

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

did you read Ebay and Paypal hold before you sell on Ebay?

there is a narrative on why ?

local delivery has no tracking to prove you have delivered goods,your buyer can always file item not received and get his moola back,every penny of it and nothing you or paypal can do.

feedback means nothing

next time,ask for cash for local pickup.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@jsimonton

You should never use paypal for an item that is to be collected or personally delivered as you have 0 seller protection.

Your buyer can collect the item and then file a dispute for non receipt of item. As you would have no tracking number to prove delivery of the item to him then you would lose the dispute.

That is why Ebay give you the option of 'cash on collection' and you can state in your decription that that is the only payment you will accept. If a buyer pays with Paypal then you are allowed to refund that payment and re-state 'cash on collection'.

That way you have cash in hand / no wait / no fee / no risk of a dispute.

Also positive feedback has no bearing on payment release, normally its when tracking proves delivery of the item to the buyer + 3 days.

And Paypal and Ebay are 2 separate companies EACH with a separate payment hold, so if yours was an Ebay sale then Ebay authorises when Paypal can release the funds.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too
Solved

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

did you read Ebay and Paypal hold before you sell on Ebay?

there is a narrative on why ?

local delivery has no tracking to prove you have delivered goods,your buyer can always file item not received and get his moola back,every penny of it and nothing you or paypal can do.

feedback means nothing

next time,ask for cash for local pickup.

Login to Me Too

TurboShane
Contributor
Contributor

**bleep** Paypal they take my fee's in the hundreds of dollars then all the sudden the hold my payments of top of that just won't deal with that.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@TurboShane

They take your fees because they are providing you with a service, the hold is a separate issue.

Also if you are not happy with paypal its not compulsory so you don't have to use it do you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.