paypal forces me to use my credit card even though I have available funds in my paypal

hitchiods
Contributor
Contributor

hello everybody 

so lately I have won an auction on ebay , and everytime i try to pay for the item I get this error message 

"To pay for this purchase right now, link a debit or credit card to your PayPal account." 

and I made sure I have more than enough money in my paypal available balance to pay for my item 

so can you please tell me why in world is paypal forcing me to use my credit card ?

Login to Me Too
11 REPLIES 11

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor

Adding a credit card to your account allows PayPal to confirm that your shipping address matches the address on your credit card, which makes it less likely that any fraud could occur.  Sounds to me like this is what the system is wanting.

Once you've added a card, though, when you pay for things you'll be able to specify which funding method you want to use.  It won't force you to use the card.

Angell EYE - www.angelleye.com
PayPal Partner and Certified Developer - Kudos are Greatly Appreciated!
Login to Me Too

hitchiods
Contributor
Contributor

i have bank account linked , nd I have card linked and I have money in available balance and still paypal keeps on asking to add a credit card so i can proceed with the purchase , I want to pay with my paypal balance I dont wanna use my card and i dont have money in my card 

so any brilliant ideas dude ?

Login to Me Too

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor

Can you provide screenshots of what you're seeing?  What you're saying really doesn't make sense and would entail a bug in the PayPal system.  It's possible, but in that case you'd have to contact them directly about it.  I think it's more likely that you're just missing an option to use an existing card if you do have one added to the account.

Are you sure the one you added isn't expired, maybe..??

Login to Me Too

hitchiods
Contributor
Contributor

no my card isint expierd still until 2016 .. here's a screenshot of wht i'm facing , 

http://i.imgur.com/22lNq8x.jpg

see , my card issuer would deny the payment ofcrs cuz there's no money in the card or in the bank account 

Login to Me Too

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor

So that's the first thing you're seeing after clicking the button to pay for the item?  To me that looks like what you'd see AFTER choosing a payment method and attempting to complete the transaction, but then it fails, so it's asking you to add an additional card.

Login to Me Too

hitchiods
Contributor
Contributor

no it didnt give me a chance to choose a method of payment at all , that shows up right after 

Login to Me Too

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor

What about when you just go directly to PayPal.com and log in to your account there as opposed to logging in through the eBay checkout?  Is it giving you any notices about anything you need to do with your account?

Login to Me Too

hitchiods
Contributor
Contributor

nope , it only gave me this 

Mar 16, 2015   Transfer From Credit Card Denied 

Transfer From Credit Card 8E5381774T136394B  

Login to Me Too

hitchiods
Contributor
Contributor

man I'm fedup with this whole freaking paypal thingy , i'll ask the seller for his paypal email nd i'm gonna transfer the money to him , hope this works 

after this I'm closing my account , ... no more wacky systems 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.