paypal email re. denied transaction possibly fraudulent OR how do I view said transaction?

Franka
New Community Member

Hi,

I received an email today from paypal credit, which claimed that a transaction was denied (today) due to lack of funds. I did not initiate a transaction today, but may have had an automatic payment scheduled. As I wasns't sure, I opened the email and attempted to log in. During this process, I was asked for my birthday and last four of my SS#. Once logged in, I was able to view and/or download a letter, which essentially repeated the abvoe-mentioned without any specific reference to which transaction it was. I had logged into my account as well and looked under account summary and notifications and could not find anything. No transactions were listed as initiated or denied for today, as far as I can tell. Now I'm wondering if the email was fraudulent in and of itself? And if not, I am wondering how one views transactions which have been denied? I wanted to call/contact paypal, but they are not available at this hour and I hope someone here may have more ideas or info than I currently do.

Thanks in advance for your feedback, 

Franka

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Did you verify the real email address of the email sender?

Did you hover over the active link to verify?

Why did you give yoru SS# to a stranger?

PayPal doesn't ask for SS# when you log on.

Did you log on to your PayPal account on your computer?  Did you check your PayPal Credit account access from your PayPal summary page on your computer?

I think it's time to change your PayPal account password before the hacker gets into it with the infomation you disclosed.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.