paypal and ebay completely disconnected

galblank
New Community Member

I purchased 3 items on ebay and PayPal decided to pay with echeck all the sudden while up until today they have been paying with instant payment.

I have a direct account linked and have been a paypal customer for 7 years.

When I called eBay they told me to call PayPal, when I called paypal - they said that : "their system has corrected itself since there is ONLY bank account connected to paypal and NOT bank account AND credit card" and there is nothing they can do, nor can they notify the sellers.

So, eBay sellers have items as "UNPAID", I have items as Payed in my paypal and ebay accounts and both paypal and ebay are just washing their hands from both issues.

that's the last time I use eBay or PayPal, there is something to be said for Amazon and Apple and their ecosystems.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

MrsR16
New Community Member

Sounds like we are going through a similar issue. When I try to bid, it states I don't have a pal account linked, and I've never had this problem. Have you been able to figure it out? Thanks.

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

PayPal and eBay are separate companies, but that have certain agreements such as PayPal is the exlusive payment service.

But... you must still comply with current PayPal payment polcies and risk models.  That means you will need to have both a bank acocunt AND a credit card linked to your PayPal acocunt for instant payments to be effective.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.