payment cancel

h913k875
New Community Member

Hi, 

I paid $95 to Cengage Learning, INC, to purchase the online class material. 

But when I checked the Cengage, I didn't have any orders in the system, and when I checked my bank account it didn't charge to me. 

However, my Paypal system has shown that I spent $95. 

and it includes this message in my pending which was "This is a temporary authorization to make sure your payment method will cover the payment. Your payment method will be charged when Cengage Learning, INC completes your order."

I think when I ordered the online class material through the Cengage website, there was some payment system problem. 

So, I want you to cancel my pending.

Could you cancel it for me? 

When I asked the Cengage they told me that they couldn't find any order and payment, so they can't cancel the payment. 

-Hansol <removed>- 

paypal coursemate.jpg

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

ArmnesToe
New Community Member

Hey, I have the exact same problem. Except that my purchase was $130 and it was taken from my bank account. So I have $130 missing in my bank account and no access to the coursekey for my class. I purchased this 3 days ago and nothing has happened. I tried calling Cengage Learning, INC but they send me to voice mail every time! Has your problem been resolved yet? Let me know!

"This is a temporary authorization to make sure your payment method will cover the payment. Your payment method will be charged when Cengage Learning, INC completes your order."

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

when you use a credit card to make payment,the merchant will first authorise the card,making sure this card is good,then later in the day when he closes shop,he will round up all the charges of the day and submit them,only then will the payment amount be debited from your account.

you see that in gas station,first they may authorise $1 ,when it goes with no problem,then you fill the tank and the exact charge will be sent for collecting at the end of the day.

if he does not submit the charge,then the authorisation will drop off in 30 days?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.