payment balance adjustment

Misswright17
Contributor
Contributor
Has anyone else encountered this charge? Or even heard of payment balance adjustment? I needed to use my account today and low and be hold my balance says negative 20.88 i said um. Nope this is some BS I'm not paying a penny on something i didn't spend. Idk guys there some fraudulant activity going around becare let me know what u think....
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Misswright17

When you pay a seller its never instant > paypal credit the seller the funds and then paypal take the wait for those funds to transfer from your funding source.

IF at the time they go to take the money the funds are not there then they may try a second time OR they may put your paypal account into negative until you pay them back again.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_AshleyM

Hi everyone,

Thanks for providing that information, kernowlass! That can definitely be a time when PayPal may take an account negative. Other times are usually related to disputes or unauthorized claims. Have you had any cases open on or against your account? If so, this could explain the adjustment. As you would need to provide account specific details to get this resolved, I would advise keeping your information secure and not sharing those details over a public forum. Please contact us either by phone, Facebook, or Twitter so that we can look into this and ensure everything is resolved. Hopefully this is resolved soon!

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.