mastercard payments

gannon1507
Contributor
Contributor

If I pay someone with MC, how long does it take for them to receive the money and be able to transfer to their bank account?

Login to Me Too
3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@gannon1507

Doesn't matter how a buyer funds their paypal payment as paypal always credits the seller in advance and paypal take the wait for the funds to transfer from that persons bank account or card. This is so the buyer gets their item more quickly.

Paypal payments are more or less instant but allow a couple of hours.

As to when they can withdraw those funds is dependent on if they are subject to the new seller hold or a security hold on withdrawal of those funds.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
Solved

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

if you pay with MC,as goods and services,then your seller will pay Paypal a fee,then he has to upload tracking,depends on how good his standing is ,fund could be withheld  3 -7 days after delivered,up to 21 days.

if you pay with MC as friend and family,a fee would be deducted and he would get less,it could be withheld for review ,it all depends .

you may consider western union,wiretransfer or online  banking or just mail a check

Login to Me Too
Solved

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

wrote:

@gannon1507

Doesn't matter how a buyer funds their paypal payment as paypal always credits the seller in advance and paypal take the wait for the funds to transfer from that persons bank account or card. This is so the buyer gets their item more quickly.

As to when they can withdraw those funds is dependent on if they are subject to the new seller hold or a security hold on withdrawal of those funds.

NoT ALWAYS,if the buyer does not link a credi card and pay with bank transfer,then it is not instant transfer,it becomes an e check and could take 3-5 days,seller would be advised not to ship yet.until check clears.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@gannon1507

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too
Solved

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

wrote:

@gannon1507

NoT ALWAYS,if the buyer does not link a credi card and pay with bank transfer,then it is not instant transfer,it becomes an e check and could take 3-5 days,seller would be advised not to ship yet.until check clears.

Login to Me Too
Solved

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

if you pay with MC,as goods and services,then your seller will pay Paypal a fee,then he has to upload tracking,depends on how good his standing is ,fund could be withheld  3 -7 days after delivered,up to 21 days.

if you pay with MC as friend and family,a fee would be deducted and he would get less,it could be withheld for review ,it all depends .

you may consider western union,wiretransfer or online  banking or just mail a check

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.