how to buy on amazon using paypal credit

MoneyPenney
New Community Member

so there must be a way to buy on amazon using paypal credit ...?  I'm trying to replace an expensive, therapeutic item I had to return to ebay and now the only place I can find it is on Amazon (I've been watching both for weeks).  Also, they only have so many available so they could be sold out by the time I get a way to pay Amazon with Paypal Credit set up, so purchasing $1k in nonrefundable gift cards to pay with doesn't sound like a good solution.  Needs to be a way that I can get a 'refund' back to PP Credit if the item sells out before I can get a reorder placed, or at the very least be able to use the funds anywhere, such as pay bills, maybe mortagage with it and then I could use that $$ to reorder the important returned item.  TY

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

meelb
Contributor
Contributor

Just spoke to PayPal customer service in re: using my credit line available on PayPal Business Debit MasterCard to make purchases on Amazon.

Answer: Amazon does not accept PayPal credit, including the credit line granted to the PP Bus. Debit MasterCard. Customer Service said there is no alternative card, such as a PayPal credit-only card, that can be linked to my existing PayPal credit line so Amazon would accept and process the transaction as credit, not debit. 

Details: that means my recent Amazon transaction was processed as a debit and accessed funds in my checking acct because I previously designated my checking acct as the primary backup payment method for the PP Bus. Debit MC. To avoid any future surprises, I've deleted all designated backup accounts for use by the PP Bus. Debit MC. I presume that, in the future, if a merchant or Amazon doesn't accept PayPal credit, the transaction would be declined without a backup funding source designated by me in my PayPal settings. 

However, PayPal does allow its credit line to be used to send money. Here's PayPal's help article about that process: Help Center > My Money/Sending money > Can I use PayPal Credit to send money?

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

very interesting,BUT

does it always show up on the screen when you want to send money ,the reason I ask is that when you want to use it to buy things,it is not always available ?

so why  should it be ALWAYS available  to send money to someone?

Login to Me Too

bohomom
New Community Member

Buy an Amazon gift card through Gyft.com using PayPal Credit. Then use the Amazon gift card to make your purchase.

Login to Me Too

Fishingsimon1
Contributor
Contributor

Just tried that. They don't sell Amazon gift cards anymore.

Login to Me Too

Johnalbe
New Community Member
I was using egifter.com for over a year. Now i see only credit card or bitcoin options. Going to try the suggestion below for gyft.com
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.