how do i cancel a pending payment that was sent to me?

maxudove
Contributor
Contributor

someone sent me a payment but it is pending and i cant refund and or cancel it.

https://gyazo.com/79c6f8044f5b9c1d66145516cb342390

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

PayPal_AshleyM

Hey maxudove,

I'm sorry to hear the funds haven't come through yet. We are aware that there was an issue with funds being received not showing up in the balance for up to 30 minutes during the time that you posted this, but it should have since been resolved. Once it clears, you should be able to refund the payment right away. If not, please contact us so that we can look into this right away. Thank you!

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

maxudove
Contributor
Contributor

it is still pending i need help, i read somewhere that there is a payment pending scam, where the buyer sends a pending payment and you are never able receive it.

I noticed that the payment type is labeled "checkout" what does that mean?

https://gyazo.com/df9e142e0bd0ec244331b5f434343cda

Login to Me Too

PayPal_AshleyM

Hey maxudove,

Thanks for providing the additional details, and that's a great call-out. This could be a transaction that is in pending status that could be canceled by the buyer. If you haven't received the funds in your balance, you definitely don't want to send out any product or provide a service. If the funds don't clear, please contact us so that we can look into this. Thanks!

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

If the transaction details page shows pending rather than completed then there may be an issue with the funding source.

Was this payment for goods/services or as family/friends?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.