how do I pay to google play store

RyanBrown
Contributor
Contributor
How do I get Google Play store to accept my pay pal account as a payment option? Everytime I try it says "Something went wrong. There was an issue adding your PayPal account because the payment method selected on PayPal was invalid. Please update the payment method with PayPal or select a different form of payment." I have money on my account but it doesn't seem to want to accept it. Please help!
Login to Me Too
77 REPLIES 77

Wolff11
Contributor
Contributor

It's not 'the dutch'. Just no.

@ReaperKira wrote:

Baka. Its the dutch or the netherlands not holland. Shame on you 😛 i will try to add more euro's on it. If it doesnt work then **bleep** my phone and **bleep** playstore they wont earn a thing then 😛 i go back to my pc games much better 😛

Login to Me Too

Thoubi
Contributor
Contributor

EVERYONE TRY THIS! 

Go to Profile - My money - My preapproved payments and click update - If there's Google, click it. - Make your bank card your backup funding sorce

Login to Me Too

WolfsSpirit
Contributor
Contributor

Doesnt work

Login to Me Too

DrunkinDonut

Because we all have credit cards 😒

Login to Me Too

Al_Ma
New Community Member

I have seen this problem on many forums and never found the answer.

I have been tinkering with Paypal and Google Play for over 6 months now. And wasn't able to make any payment from Paypal - whether buying an app or making in-app purchases.

I live in the Netherlands and cannot pay with my Maestro card on the Google Play store.

So, yesterday I tried something which worked. I cannot take you step by step through it as it was mostly tinkering, but I think if you try it, it should work.

I use several gmail accounts on my phone: professional and personal. And thought maybe it had something to do with which one I was using to pay on the Google Play store.

What I did was that I deleted all the payment methods from all the accounts I had.

Then only added my paypal account to one gmail account as payment method.

Went back to Google Play store using this gmail account.

Tried to buy an app, AND IT WORKED!

I had tried everything I saw on forums and nothing had worked, so I really think that did the trick. 

Sorry I cannot be more precise in step by step.

Let me know if it works for you guys.

P.S.: I had less than 15 euro on my paypal account at the time, so I don't think how much you have on is the problem.

a

Login to Me Too

Ribenji
New Community Member

I have the exact same issue and I live in the US

Login to Me Too

saskatchewan
Contributor
Contributor

I went into paypal and clicked the account settings icon. Then click preapproved payments under 'payment setting's heading. Then click 'google' and set how your default payment method. it needs to be set with a backup as well I believe. Worked for me.

Login to Me Too

CyRave
New Community Member

I dont have these options, so i cant change them

Login to Me Too

insamniac
New Community Member

This is what worked for me too. I have plenty in my paypal account, and had a default payment method setup for Google, but no backup. I added a backup and then added paypal to google play with no problem (after like 5 failed attempts.)

Login to Me Too

forty6two
New Community Member

You must add at least 30 bucks to fix the payment method issue,well done PP for informing that =(

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.