how do I pay to google play store

RyanBrown
Contributor
Contributor
How do I get Google Play store to accept my pay pal account as a payment option? Everytime I try it says "Something went wrong. There was an issue adding your PayPal account because the payment method selected on PayPal was invalid. Please update the payment method with PayPal or select a different form of payment." I have money on my account but it doesn't seem to want to accept it. Please help!
Login to Me Too
77 REPLIES 77

EverTerra

See my experience at May-27-2017 05:19 PM - page 6.

Worked for me.

Login to Me Too

Peachbuff

jaymitra53
Contributor
Contributor

Riviera65
Contributor
Contributor

FINALLY

My solution

I had this stupid mistake OR-IMPRS-02  while trying to pay via PayPal

For this you will need Android Smatphone log in with your google account in which you want to add 

1. Go to the Google Play or Play Market app (depends of the Android version)
  2. Open it
  3. Touch 3 horizontal stripes (in the left upper corner)
  4. Swipe down the menu
  5. Account
  6. Ways of Payments (or something like that)
  7. Choose Ad PayPal
  8. Then little menu will appear
  9. Ad your paypal email and password
  10. Next and after that I saw something new (that i didn't see in the browser on the computer) Half-full field with confirmation of my addres and phone number, strange but google account had my phone number, but there it hadn't, so I add phone number and some adress information.

MIRACLE!!!

It's add PayPal account!!!

After that I go to my computer and check in browser and it also add option to pay with my PayPal account, cause I want to pay for Google Drive. So now it works everywhere, Google Play and in another Google services too...

I never fully understand this strange capitalism, it reminds me, when in NY, were two railway companys and they don't want to unite their lines. 

It's really stupid, cause first of all customers are suffer, here the same...

So I hope Comrades, this solution, will help you)

Login to Me Too

Liyern
Contributor
Contributor

Is this "30 euro" thing stil required in order to Link your Paypal to Google Play? Wanted to link my Paypal yesterday and also got the error:

"Something went wrong. There was an issue adding your PayPal account because the payment method selected on PayPal was invalid. Please update the payment method with PayPal or select a different form of payment. [OR-PPEH-03]"

I have no balance yet since I only recently started using Paypal, but is the 30+ euro tihng still a requirment? Also, some say use a credit card, but we hardly use those in my country, so I don't have one.

Login to Me Too

Schutter
Contributor
Contributor
All, I logged into my Google account on my laptop: Google>Play Store>Account>add payment method>add PayPal. Followed the steps and redirected to PayPal. No error after entering PayPal account log-in. Then I was asked to add credit card (mandatory). Ergo: Google or PayPal (or both) don't trust you enough. Also explains the minimum usd/euro 30 work-around.
Login to Me Too

Tim06
Same, it says that I can't buy it because my payment method on PayPal was invalid. Please fix this bug.
Login to Me Too

NLgamingHD
New Community Member

im going to try turning off my vpn for this and see if it works now!

(im dutch) (trying to get super mario run)

*AFTER TRYING*

I FAILED 😕

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.