how do I pay to google play store

RyanBrown
Contributor
Contributor
How do I get Google Play store to accept my pay pal account as a payment option? Everytime I try it says "Something went wrong. There was an issue adding your PayPal account because the payment method selected on PayPal was invalid. Please update the payment method with PayPal or select a different form of payment." I have money on my account but it doesn't seem to want to accept it. Please help!
Login to Me Too
77 REPLIES 77

RecklessDice
New Community Member

Just found it.

Delete you paypal account on playstore. Change you paypal email adres on paypal, login playstore with paypal as payment. DOne.

just try it... just try it will work and if your reading this you have nothing to lose its just deleting new email and adding now one and signing in into googlestore payment with new email adres paypal.

cheers

Login to Me Too

kamikaziKAS
New Community Member

I am getting the error as well.

I live in Canada, have a debit card linked and cannot link my paypal to google play on any device. When I try and add payment methods and add paypal and log on I get the error. I canot find any settings on my paypal profile to change that would allow me to add google play on this end.

Reading the dates on this I kind of feel like I'm wasting my time typing this but has anyone found a realistic solution that doesnt involve making all new google and paypal accounts?

Login to Me Too

EverTerra
Inspired by your solution.

I can´t access Google Play Music as it asking for setting a Payment method. I choose Paypal but received [OR-IMPRS-02] error. The same in Google Play store and in the https://payments.google.com, no method was listed.

As I have two email addresses, at the profile of Paypal account added the actual email.

The same problem continued.

In Google Play Music, I choose another method; Visa card.
I got access to the service. Now I tried again to enter the PayPal account. Accepted.

Is it because you chose another method first?
Is it because you have changed the email in PayPal and meanwhile it has been a few minutes?

Anyway it worked.

I already see two methods of payment in
Google Play Music
Google Play Store
Goople Payments
Login to Me Too

Awesominator300
Contributor
Contributor
You are officially my favourite person thank you so much!!
Login to Me Too

Michael4444
I've been having the same problem
Login to Me Too

theresaacala
New Community Member
Paypal why are you not responsing with this problem .please fix this issue asap because we are expecting good work in your company .so please stop seeing only with this issue .thank you and more power
Login to Me Too

CEOckerman
New Community Member
You can visit the PayPal website online and use your PayPal balance to purchase google play gift cards sent electronically to your email account. Or you can gift them to someone elses email.
Login to Me Too

Goofj
I had the same problem, but when i added more money(just €10) play store ackepted my paypal. Hope it works for you guys as well .
Login to Me Too

-dash-

Yeah, I'm having the same problem. I'm trying to buy a $1 app on the google play store and it won't work. None of the solutions on this thead have worked for me, and I'm not adding 30$ I'll never use to my account just to buy a $1 app. This is my first time trying to use PayPal and I'm not having a very good experience with it. You'd think they would have fixed this issue by now. Thanks, PayPal. Thanks for wasting my time.

Login to Me Too

Shankarki036
Contributor
Contributor
I can't buy gems in games .. When I add paypal account it says it's invalid PayPal payment method.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.