generic error

gcmckenzie
New Community Member

I keep getting a generic error on the browser page when I try to transfer money to my wells fargo account. 

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

BaldingEagle
Contributor
Contributor

I'm getting the generic error as well, though I am trying to transfer money to a different bank. The last failed transfer attempt was at 8:01AM EST. on 11/8/2017.

Login to Me Too

Seaneaarts
Contributor
Contributor
Been trying to transfer to my own bank and getting the same message
Login to Me Too

BaldingEagle
Contributor
Contributor

Many hours later I am still receiving the "Generic Error" message and am unable to transfer funds to my bank.

I have a call in to support, and am waiting for them to call back, but am curious if anyone found out what the problem is and when PayPal is expected to correct it.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Rich

Hello everyone,

Others who have experienced issues transferring their balance stated that this workaround has resolved the issue for them in the meantime. I just thought I would share this information for your review: https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/About-Payments/Generic-error-while-transferring-money/m-p/135373...

- PayPal_Rich

As you slide down the banister of life, may the splinters always point in the right direction.
- Irish Proverb
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.