echeck

nicollemmax
Contributor
Contributor
i sent money to the seller and she is suppose to ship the dresses out but it says on my account something about an echeck and that she is suppose to get the money today what does this all mean
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@nicollemmax

Normally when you pay a seller and fund it from your bank account it is never instant. Paypal credit the seller in advance and then paypal wait for your funds to transfer from your bank account to paypal to pay them back again.

BUT paypal only do this if you have an up to date back up card linked to your paypal account, if you don't then its sent as an echeck and you have to take the wait for the funds to transfer from your bank account to paypal who transfer them to the seller. So the seller does not send the item until that echeck has 'cleared'.

Paypal also send echecks for more riskier transactions / if you have ever had a neg balance on your paypal account / if you have ever had a failed bank transfer and for other reasons.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.