eBay will not allow me to pay with PayPal. "Sorry, this payment option isn't available."

faboo
New Community Member

Hi all.  hopefully someone can help me with this ongoing issue.  I have been dealing with it for many months now without resolution.  

On the "Checkout" page on eBay, whenever I try to log into PayPal, I get the following error:

Sorry, this payment option isn’t available. Here are your options:

• Select a different payment option.
  • Contact PayPal customer service to resolve this issue.

Because it does not let me log into PayPal, I cannot use any promotional codes, nor can I use any of the eBay gift cards already tied to this account.  I have spoken to eBay already and they have not been able to figure out what is going on with my account. 

I have been using eBay and PayPal for many years now and had never had any issues until this issue popped up a few months ago.

eBay has confirmed that my eBay account is in good standing without any issues that should hinder my use.  PayPal has also confirmed that my account is also in good standing.  

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

-Mike

Login to Me Too
18 REPLIES 18

LookMaNoHands
New Community Member

This means you have to call paypal and verify your identity with them.

And when you do it doesn't mean it will work. You might of owed some money or did some shady stuff on another account before so thats why you get this message.

Login to Me Too

WhereRInvoices
Contributor
Contributor

Same here...  Sorry, this payment option isn't available.
Been using same account and payment methods for years.

Login to Me Too

number1510
Contributor
Contributor

I tried linking and unlinking the account, different browsers and devices, called my credit card company to confirm everything is good, and both ebay and paypal help desks.

Ebay says it's paypal, paypal says it's ebay.  I've called each twice.  The first call to paypal, the agent suggested I contact the seller outside of ebay to complete the transaction.  The second paypal agent hung up on me (after waiting 1.5 hours).  I was not being beligerant, they simply realized they couldn't fix it.

I'll take my business to more rebutable online stores that accept valid credit cards, and cancel the ebay order.

Login to Me Too

DanilB
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same problem.I tried linking and unlinking the account. It doesn't work! This is the first time for 10 years I have same problem.

Did anyone find soulution?

Regards

Login to Me Too

ba740
Contributor
Contributor

I have been having this same issue for past 11 Months. 
I have tried reaching out to PayPal customer support by messages and by calls and these people have no Idea what is wrong. I have been using the same paypal and ebay acount for last 10 years for no issue but now i cant use paypal or ebay. Even if i try to do a guest Checkout i get a same error. I cant even with pay with my credit card. So i am unable to buy anything from EBAY. I hope ebay ditches paypal and start accepting credit cards independently from paypal. 

Login to Me Too

onur34
Contributor
Contributor

I had same problem , is there anybody solve this issue ?

Login to Me Too

WhereRInvoices
Contributor
Contributor

Same here...  Sorry, this payment option isn't available.
Been using same account and payment methods for years.
Clearing cache and fresh login no help.
Trying again after 24, 48, 72 hrs no change.
Verified that sellers do  take paypal.  First combined x2 small amounts for a total of 0.42 that was rejected immediately... then did them separately and it said pending payment, but were later rejected.
This seems to be something paypal / ebay is doing for smaller amounts.

On phone with paypal -- on hold 30 minutes,, then troubleshoot 20 minutes -- went through some security checks and they said I was all verified and should be no problem.

On phone with bank for 45 minutes to make sure they were not blocking small payments to Asia... they said no blocks on their end, but that paypal might be blocking small amount transfers as a security measure.

Login to Me Too

WhereRInvoices
Contributor
Contributor

MANY posts on this issue.... COME ON EBAY / PAYPAL...

Login to Me Too

WhereRInvoices
Contributor
Contributor

Have spent hours on phone with paypal, my bank, and ebay support with no fix for some paypal payments being repeatedly returned.

Maybe ebay is trying to force me to not use paypal, and thus force me to enter my credit card directly with ebay...??

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.