eBay gift card refund help

Lilcrazyjules
Contributor
Contributor
I've been issued a refund from a purchase that never arrived in which I had used an eBay gift card to make the original purchase. My PayPal activity says the refund is complete and was credited to a voucher but when I check my gift card it's still empty. Please help me find my refund
Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

You need to examine the refund details about this voucher.  Does it have a voucher number?  Can it be used during checkout.  Call PayPal to ask what this voucher is all about:

https://www.paypal.com/us/selfhelp/contact/call

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Lilcrazyjules
Contributor
Contributor
I called mad PayPal told me that I'd have to deal with eBay on this matter and they could not help me. When I called eBay they told me that due to technical issues with their gift card refunds there's no help on this matter and m name will be added to a list of others that will be reimbursed when they figure out the problem but can't say when this will be???
Login to Me Too

1cruiselvr
New Community Member

I have the same problem.  I think it's awful that ebay and PayPal are aware of this and do nothing to help.  What good is a 16 digit refund voucher code that can't be used.  Shame on ebay and Paypal both. I will never buy another Ebay gift card.

Login to Me Too

WDNGUYEN8
Contributor
Contributor

I have had the same issue . Paypal has refunded all the money to my gift card which i used to purchase items from the seller in the UK. There are 3 refunds from the same seller. The refund status were completed but i found out there is only 1 refund credited back to my gift card. After going back and forth with Paypal and Ebay ,  it is due to Ebay  side so Ebay buy department is trying to figure out where the rest of my refund has gone into. They ran the transaction history of  the gift card  confirming only one refund returned. How could it have happened like this? I am glad i verified the fund since it is almost $400. I hope Ebay should put its act together. Otherwise, it is considered stealing . 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.