donation button

sharkcakes
Contributor
Contributor

im not sure if this is the right place to ask but i was on a creators blog (artist) and they had a paypal donation button. when you click on it the preset donation fees are $75 and up. theyre a very small artist and i was wondering if they had something set up wrong? are they set up as a charity? is this allowed? should i inform them if its violating the rules? im not sure since ive never used the donation button, but its obviously for personal profits and youre allowed to donate to them as a token of appreciation or admiration of their art.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Snow-Cat
Advisor
Advisor

You would need to contact creators blog with your concerns - from the community forum perspective - it's not up to us to question their intent.   Regardless of the type of account, Personal or Business, they can setup a Donation - if they are not a registered charity or are not verified nonprofits they will be asked to demonstrate how their donations will be used, once they raise more than $10,000.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

Snow-Cat
Advisor
Advisor

You would need to contact creators blog with your concerns - from the community forum perspective - it's not up to us to question their intent.   Regardless of the type of account, Personal or Business, they can setup a Donation - if they are not a registered charity or are not verified nonprofits they will be asked to demonstrate how their donations will be used, once they raise more than $10,000.

Login to Me Too

sharkcakes
Contributor
Contributor

thank you for the explanation!! i wasnt too sure and wanted to make sure they were following the rules so they werent getting in trouble!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.