dollar general in store payment

daniemarie21
Contributor
Contributor
I went to dollar general this wknd and saw they now offered paypal on their credit card machine. I asked the cashier how to use it... she had no idea. I decided to try it out. It asked for my mobile #, I input. Then it asked for passcode. I wasn't sure so I hit cancel. Then I came home, got on paypal and saw the mobile pin number. Since I had to use my mobile # I assumed that's how it worked. Later I had to go back for a forgotten item, hit paypal, input mobile number, then input the pin # I had set up. It came back an error, the cashier didn't have any idea what to do so I cancelled again. WHAT PASSCODE AM I SUPPOSED TO USE? Its become obvious dollar general added this feature and then did nothing to train their employees on it. I've now asked 3 different cashiers and none of them know anything about it.
Login to Me Too
29 REPLIES 29

scleca
New Community Member

I did the same thing. Had no idea how to use it, ended up paying with my check card.  Came home and googled and found this.

Login to Me Too

daniemarie21
Contributor
Contributor
I googled it again, try googling paypal instore check out. They have an option to mail you a card to use at the stores that offer paypal, and you can also set the pin # associated with your mobile #. I set it up and requested a card, later that night I tried the dollar store check out AGAIN. And it still did not work. I'm hoping the system just didn't have time to update... I'll try again next time I have to go and let y'all know 🙂
Login to Me Too

rfauconn

It's a very convenient feature.  My DG had no idea neither but they gave me an instructioin card, I went home and found the info on PP and created a 4 digit pin.  That and my telephone number are all I need to purchase things at DG now.  LOVE IT!!  Now where can I find out whereelse they use this paypal debit machine?  Not walmart in Perry.

Login to Me Too

krittykrew
New Community Member

Did you create your PIN under Account Settings/Passwords?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Marily
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hello Community Forum,

If you are interested in using PayPal’s in-store checkout at participating retailers, please go to www.paypal.com/anywhere to Get Started.  Should you have any problems with setting up in-store checkout or while you are attempting to make a purchase, please don’t hesitate to contact PayPal’s Customer Service team. Our Customer Service team is always happy to help with any of your issues!

Marily

Login to Me Too

jujubean

i know this does not help but i had the same issue and spent like an hour on paypal trying to figure it out but they have no information on how to do it either.

Login to Me Too

jennibarger
New Community Member

I saw this today as well, and my store clerk told me I had to go online and sign up to do it. I went on the dollar general website and I've searched Paypal as well - I have no idea how to do this, and I'm usually a champ at figuring this stuff out. Grr.

Login to Me Too

deadseriouslady
New Community Member

I had the same experience as everyone else, hummmm? When someone out there finds out how exactly to use the Dollar General FRIENDLY PayPal checkout, please post it. Until then I guess we wonder..............

Login to Me Too

highonfaith
Contributor
Contributor

type simply paypal.com/anywhere into your browser and click enter, and a page will come up where you can sign up to pay with Paypal at Dollar General.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.