do any online merchant actually accept paypal credit anymore?!?!?!?!?

smoothparts

I haven't used my paypal credit much and now i've been trying to use it on bestbuy, target, walmart and even newegg which all accept paypal but there's no option for paypal credit anywhere......there's no option for me to click anywhere accept using my regular paypal which is linked to my bank now as far as I can tell I can't link my credit to my bank and would like to use my paypal credit for certain purchases my paypal credit is linked to my paypal so there should be an option {I can see my credit limit and manage payments from paypal.com) but there never is...am I doing something wrong or does no one really accept paypal credit anymore...I know apple dropped their support for it in november, have the bigger online merchants done the same??

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Sure some online merchants do accept PayPal Credit.

When the time is right for your account and the merchant you will be offered PayPal Credit.  You won't be able to predict exactly when.  PayPal Credit is not like the available credit on a credit card.  PayPal requires additional history and evaluation of each potential purchase before acceptance of that purchase.

Login to Me Too

bbush55
Contributor
Contributor

That's just not true at all. I have seen multiple threads where people complain about not being able to use their credit and you say the same thing each time. YOU don't seem to understand how credit works. PayPal Credit is a "virtual credit card" issued by Comenity Bank. Therefore, it should be allowed to be used like a regular credit card becasue Comenity Bank pulled your credit score and determined your credit line. It is no different than the available credit on a credit card so please quit saying that it is,

If PayPal is taking measures to limit your ability to use your credit line, there are a variety of legal issues that they are ignoring. Comenity Bank takes the hit for unpaid credit, not PayPal. Therefore, they should not be involved in the approval process. If you get a store card ANYWHERE, the store itself has no control over your account, The issuing bank is sole owner of your account.

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Paypal credit is not exactly like the credit line we know,there is no cash advance,it does not send you draft to pay yourself or others.

THE Other poster is right,it appears when you are ready to buy,when the star and moon line up right!

read the terms again,

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.