debit card purchase impersanation

tmoney2992
New Community Member

Hey, so I was checking my bank statement and I was seeing weird charges mo s t check out but I had one  that was linked to paypal, but when I check paypal they have no history of it. Company called rallycapll, its like a sketchy computer software company webpage. What do I do? Thanks

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@tmoney2992

If you bought something online and paid with a debit or credit card then it would not show in your paypal account.

BUT the seller may have processed that card payment via their Paypal 'card reader' and so you would have paid as a paypal 'guest buyer' and it would not show in your paypal account BUT would show as Paypal on your bank or card statement.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_AshleyM

Hi everyone,

Great info! In addition to what kernowlass has said, if you did not authorize the charge and you don't see it in your PayPal history, you'll want to dispute the transaction with your bank or card company. They'll replace the account number to ensure you don't have any more unrecognized charges, and they can let you know what options they have to look into it. I hope this helps!

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.