completed payment to e mail address without a pay pal account

richo109
Contributor
Contributor

By mistake I  have sent a paypal payment to a e mail address and the holder  does not have a paypal account.On the transaction account is states completed how can i claim the money back?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@richo109

It must have gone to an email address that was associated with a paypal account or the payment would not have completed.

If it was not associated with a paypal account then it would show as unclaimed with a cancel option.

So if they can't access their account and refund you then you will have to file a dispute. If you sent it via send money > goods then file for non receipt of item as that person has no item to send you so you should get your refund.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@richo109

It must have gone to an email address that was associated with a paypal account or the payment would not have completed.

If it was not associated with a paypal account then it would show as unclaimed with a cancel option.

So if they can't access their account and refund you then you will have to file a dispute. If you sent it via send money > goods then file for non receipt of item as that person has no item to send you so you should get your refund.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

richo109
Contributor
Contributor

Many thanks I will try that.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.