charges to account that is not the preferred method of payment

pgzc
Contributor
Contributor

In my account i have my bank account and credit card. my credit card is the prefered method of payment but charges are going to my bank account. my credit card info is correct and current. 

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

What bank for the credit card?

At time of payment what options are presented?  Are the credit card and both presented as options?  If so, do you specifically select credit card?

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

PayPal has the authority to use a different funding source is the risk is too high for your preferred funding.  There may be an issue with your bank acocunt.  Has your bank account be verified?

Login to Me Too

pgzc
Contributor
Contributor

im having an issue with my credit card not my bank account. my bank account is being charged for payments and its not the preffered payment method. my credit card is my preffered method. both were veryfied and i use my credit card constantly with no issues. 

Login to Me Too
Solved

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

What bank for the credit card?

At time of payment what options are presented?  Are the credit card and both presented as options?  If so, do you specifically select credit card?

Login to Me Too

pgzc
Contributor
Contributor

the credit card and the savings account are under the same bank. at the time of payment the charge is automatic because they are subscription services I configured it to my preffered method of payment which is the credit card.

do you mean the name of the bank that i have the credit card under?

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Since the bank account and credit card are issued by the same bank, there wouldn't be any issue there.

It seems then related to the subscription service.

Was there an option to select funding sourse when you set up the susbscription service? I've never set one up so I have no idea.

Was the credit card account linked at the time when you set up the subscription? I assume it was.

My guess is that is related to the suscription service payment and risk, but I can't come up with my own risk reason.

Now that you've explained a lot perhaps another member will report a similar issue.  I wouldn't count on it as most would not take the amount of time your have graciously taken to provide details.

Login to Me Too

pgzc
Contributor
Contributor

they give the option of payment method.

however, the credit card was the one linked at the time of setting up the payment method for the subscription service 

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

I've learned a lot and I can't think of any more questions to ask.   This was a great "drill down" excercise and I think we're down as far as possible.  The real answer seems to lie with PayPal and is not likely to be disclosed unless it is a pure technical issue.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.