cannot change Exchange rate

idz
Contributor
Contributor

I also have problems with the 

In the last few days I always get this message when i try to change the exchange rate 

Things don't appear to be working at the moment. Please try again later.

I wrote a message to paypal help center but they only send an automatic answer.
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

1. Go to the checkout, choose PayPal and fill out your login information.
2. Instead of selecting your card and the conversion options, click on Switch account (click arrow next to exchange rate) and DON'T fill anything in. 
3. Open a new browser tab, go to paypal.com and log in to your account.
4. Switch back to previous tab and fill out your PayPal login information again.
5. You will be redirected to the older version of checkout, where the conversion options is working.

If you have tried this and it does not work for you, oh well.  Maybe clear your browser cache/cookies and attempt it again.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
11 REPLIES 11

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

search this forum,some one has found a way t o get around it

Login to Me Too

idz
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks, I've tried.

It did work for me a few days ago, now it keep saying 

"Things don't appear to be working at the moment. Please try again later."

does it work for you today?

thanks again...
Login to Me Too
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

2. Instead of selecting your card and the conversion options, click on Switch account (click arrow next to exchange rate) and DON'T fill anything in. 
4. Switch back to previous tab and fill out your PayPal login information again.
5. You will be redirected to the older version of checkout, where the conversion options is working.

If you have tried this and it does not work for you, oh well.  Maybe clear your browser cache/cookies and attempt it again.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

idz
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you sharpiemarker, it worked for me.. 

happy new year ...

Login to Me Too

idz
Contributor
Contributor

happy new year ...

Login to Me Too

IgorJan2016
Contributor
Contributor

happy new year . Smiley Happy

Login to Me Too

GoodLuckTrying
New Community Member

@sharpiemarker wrote:

Holy **bleep**... Thanks a lot!

Login to Me Too

ccioni
Contributor
Contributor
Same problem I have. If I check out from my national eBay site (ebay.it) the option to change the exchange rate does not even appear. If I check out from the US site (paypal.com) the option does appear, but when I try to use it I get the message "Things don't appear to be working at the moment. Please try again later": Cesare from Italy
Login to Me Too

ccioni
Contributor
Contributor

Interestinglty, the Conditions of Use for Italian users have been modified and do NOT allow anymore the possibility of charging a credit card directly in the seller's currency, but force instead to use Paypal's own conversion method.
I have set a complaint to my bank, to VIA and to mastercard; let's see what happens.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.