Yet Another Payment Delay

9dawgs
Contributor
Contributor

I've been using the same mechanic for years.  Every time I pay him through PayPal credit there's an issue with him being able to receive the money. I had him do about $700 worth of work on my daughter's car.  When the work was completed I paid him through PayPal credit.  He had changed his email address but his login to PayPal was the same.  I paid through his new email address and he received a notification from PayPal stating that since he was a "new vendor" there would be a 21 day hold on his payment!!  I called PayPal customer service, which was useless by the way, and was transferred around to someone from India who I could hardly understand.  She kept telling me that if he would send the shipping confirmation details the hold would only be 3 days.  I kept telling her that nothing was shipped to me, that is was a service provided and that I had just used him last fall.  I kept telling her he was not a new vendor and to please check my account for his name.  She told me there was nothing she could do so I asked to speak with her supervisor.  She put me on hold.  After waiting for 20  minutes I finally hung up because I had to get back to work.  I never had this kind of trouble when this was Bill Me Later.  When my account is paid off I am closing it and just getting a credit card.  This is now the second issue I've had where PayPal hasn't been able to resolve my issue.  My mechanic by the way told me he will no longer accept PayPal as payment.  Thanks PayPal, you've made my day...

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.