Wondering If It's Possible to Get a Refund on a Steam Game Through Paypal

IcyGirl75
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

Just three days ago I purchased PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds on Steam and have discovered that the game has a severe, rampant hacking problem. Enough so that I'm getting killed about half the time by players who are cheating. I can tell they are cheating because I can see them killing me from their perspective after I have been killed and have recorded a number of instances of this happening.

Steam has refused to refund me for this game three times already because I have spent more than two hours playing this game. This leaves me feeling like I got cheated. Like I have been sold a defective product and have been denied a return for it. I knew there was a hacking problem, but I didn't know of the severity.

So I figured as a self responsible consumer I should try to pursue my other options. So I am here now and wonder if Paypal would be able to help with this. I'm specifically wondering if this could qualify for a dispute and if I could get a refund through Paypal like how Amazon can refund the purchases from Amazon Marketplace sellers even if their return criteria aren't met?

Thanks for the help!

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

TheJayJayStore
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

If your seller doesn’t agree to refund your money, you may be able to open a dispute in the Resolution Center. Unfortunately this claim doesn't qualify as because you can only open a dispute if you didn’t receive your item or you received something that doesn’t match the seller’s description. Such as, getting a size small shirt when you should have received a size large shirt or if you got a shirt that has a hole in it and the description doesn't say anything about the hole but does state that it's new. If you would like to use PayPal's Purchase Program, you have to open a dispute with PayPal within the time frame noted in the transaction details - which is 180 days of the date you sent the payment.

BEFORE YOU DO ANYTHING, I would strongly recommend reading Steam's refund policy at http://store.steampowered.com/steam_refunds/ - they do have consequences for abusing refunds.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

TheJayJayStore
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

If your seller doesn’t agree to refund your money, you may be able to open a dispute in the Resolution Center. Unfortunately this claim doesn't qualify as because you can only open a dispute if you didn’t receive your item or you received something that doesn’t match the seller’s description. Such as, getting a size small shirt when you should have received a size large shirt or if you got a shirt that has a hole in it and the description doesn't say anything about the hole but does state that it's new. If you would like to use PayPal's Purchase Program, you have to open a dispute with PayPal within the time frame noted in the transaction details - which is 180 days of the date you sent the payment.

BEFORE YOU DO ANYTHING, I would strongly recommend reading Steam's refund policy at http://store.steampowered.com/steam_refunds/ - they do have consequences for abusing refunds.

Login to Me Too

IcyGirl75
Contributor
Contributor

I sounds like I probably can't do anything through Paypal in that case.

Thanks for your reply!

Login to Me Too

TheJayJayStore
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

You're welcome! Let me know if this helped by giving me some kudos and selecting this as the solution. Also, help other's in this community! Enjoy!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.