Withdrawal takes a long time

Mtweed94
Contributor
Contributor

Okay here's the thing, I've had a satisfactory answer from PayPal as to why this is so my reason for posting is unusual. PayPal need to understand that we are humans and money is important to us and sometimes (especially on a Sunday) it is the only logical way to withdraw our money to our bank accounts in a hurry! Usually instant or within 2 hours. So when the "security system" decides to stop that and "check the transaction" for up to 72 hours (or 3 days sounds like the long time it is) then it renders us helpless. My fiancé is carrying my son and when it comes between me being able to feed them then I have a serious problem with that. My real question is: who are you protecting PayPal? Because it isn't me or my family and why don't you have any human intervention available for emergency situations? I've called before and asked to push it through for gas and electric or when my water has been switched off, seems like this would be logical given the gravity of the situation. Finally when selling a large item on eBay, something that is valuable and we are only selling because we desperately need cash, WE CAN'T AFFORD THE DELIVERY UP FRONT! Just release the delivery cost to us and then the cost of the item is held for protection of the seller. Again logical and a way to protect the seller also, 3 days is too long in 2018, time to move on guys.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Mtweed94

When someone sends you money via paypal its never instant, paypal credit you the funds and then paypal take the wait for the funds to transfer from that persons funding source to reimburse them.

So if you withdraw funds immediately 'sometimes' paypal puts it on hold for up to 72 hours to allow the buyers original payment to play 'catch-up'.

As they state it can be between 2-72 hours for withdrawals then you should configure that into your plans.

As for postage if you use ebay / paypal postage then the funds can be debited from your paypal balance so you don't have to wait to withdraw them.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.