Withdraw

Edgarss
Contributor
Contributor

Hi

So I had money in my PayPal account (for example 5 eur). And I want to get this funds to my credit card (because I am no U.S. citizen, so I can`t link BANK ACCOUNT).  After I find where can I do it (because PayPal have now new interface - with out possibilities to get funds to credit card, and need to get link from old interface), there was said that if I want to refund money I need to pay 2 EUR tax/fee +  funds can only be withdraw to VISA type cards. - And I was a little bit confused, I used PayPal like 5 years and all these years I had only MASTER CARD, but always when I get money back, for xample EBAY, there was never a 2 EUR fee and I always get it, even I have MASTER CARD.

Is there something change in last 30 days ? From now, I can `t  get refunds to my MASTER card ? Only VISA ?  

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Edgarss

OK well that didn't work so i have copied and pasted the replies from the moderators to problems others have been having re cards and bank accounts in Latvia etc.

PayPal_David
ModeratorPayPal_David Moderator
Kudos: 105
Accepted Solutions: 49
Re: PayPal UK Community Chat - 20/04/2016.

Hey again Kernowlass.

I myself have had a few contacts from customers in these areas in the last few weeks regarding adding different types of cards on a PayPal account.

From what I understand, it's mainly Maestro cards that are no longer able to be added on a PayPal account. This would have been the case in other countries previously too.

Customers in Latvia and Lithuania currently only have the option to withdraw funds to a local bank account or Visa card. From answering questions from customers in these areas recently, I was advised that it can be quite hard for them to get Visa cards issued from their bank but they should still have the option to withdraw funds to a local bank account from their PayPal accounts if needed.

Regarding having a back up card added on a PayPal account when there are funds in the balance. Normally customers should be able to use the balance in their PayPal account to fund a payment for an item that they are purchasing but our security system may prevent a payment from completing if there are no active funding sources registered.

It may be possible that they have been using PayPal with payment funded from their balance for a few years previously but our internal security system as you are aware is fully automated and could prevent a payment from completing or restrict a funding source on any payment attempt.

In these types of situations, you could advise the customers that even if they were to register a card to their account, our system should still debit the funds on the account to fund the payment as it would normally.

David.

AND

PayPal_David

Hi again Kernowlass.

I've just double checked this and it looks as though only Business account holders with the new look website can add a local bank account and withdraw in Euros. This feature hasn't been enabled as of yet for Personal and Premier accounts. 

When I was getting contacts regarding this a while back, I had provided feedback to the relevant teams at the time to see if there was anything that could be done to enable other card types for withdrawals in these countries due to the difficulties encountered when trying to obtain Visa cards. 

Hopefully one of these options will be rolled out soon that should help people in these countries to get access to their funds. For the moment for any customers with Personal or Premier accounts in these countries, the only option looks to be to withdraw funds to a Visa card Smiley Sad

David.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Edgarss

Impossible to give you any advice as you have not said what country you are in.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Edgarss
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass

I do apologise, I tought it`s no difference, unless you come from U.S. or UK

I am from Latvia

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Edgarss

Read this thread and see if it helps at all as there is a lot of confusion some Eastern European countries that i was trying to clarify as per below. >>>

/t5/Community-Events/PayPal-UK-Community-Chat-20-04-2016/m-p/1056995#U1056995

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Edgarss

OK well that didn't work so i have copied and pasted the replies from the moderators to problems others have been having re cards and bank accounts in Latvia etc.

PayPal_David

Hey again Kernowlass.

I myself have had a few contacts from customers in these areas in the last few weeks regarding adding different types of cards on a PayPal account.

From what I understand, it's mainly Maestro cards that are no longer able to be added on a PayPal account. This would have been the case in other countries previously too.

Customers in Latvia and Lithuania currently only have the option to withdraw funds to a local bank account or Visa card. From answering questions from customers in these areas recently, I was advised that it can be quite hard for them to get Visa cards issued from their bank but they should still have the option to withdraw funds to a local bank account from their PayPal accounts if needed.

Regarding having a back up card added on a PayPal account when there are funds in the balance. Normally customers should be able to use the balance in their PayPal account to fund a payment for an item that they are purchasing but our security system may prevent a payment from completing if there are no active funding sources registered.

It may be possible that they have been using PayPal with payment funded from their balance for a few years previously but our internal security system as you are aware is fully automated and could prevent a payment from completing or restrict a funding source on any payment attempt.

In these types of situations, you could advise the customers that even if they were to register a card to their account, our system should still debit the funds on the account to fund the payment as it would normally.

David.

AND

PayPal_David

Hi again Kernowlass.

I've just double checked this and it looks as though only Business account holders with the new look website can add a local bank account and withdraw in Euros. This feature hasn't been enabled as of yet for Personal and Premier accounts. 

When I was getting contacts regarding this a while back, I had provided feedback to the relevant teams at the time to see if there was anything that could be done to enable other card types for withdrawals in these countries due to the difficulties encountered when trying to obtain Visa cards. 

Hopefully one of these options will be rolled out soon that should help people in these countries to get access to their funds. For the moment for any customers with Personal or Premier accounts in these countries, the only option looks to be to withdraw funds to a Visa card Smiley Sad

David.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.