Withdraw under review

Jockstrap4239
Contributor
Contributor
I attempted to transfer my PayPal funds to my debit card.Pay pal then reversed the transaction and my money is being withheld and under review.why?This money belongs to me and all buyers were happy with good feedback.the account is mine and everything is legit yet they won't re lease my money for up to 72 hours they say
Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor
How long ago did you create your PayPal account? I'm guessing it's a relatively new account..?? This is something that can happen with new accounts simply to ensure there isn't a problem with disputes / chargebacks. Just follow their procedures, and after a period of time without issues the limitations should be lifted.

Also, make sure you've linked a bank account and a credit/debit card as well. This can help to remove limitations on the account.

Angell EYE - www.angelleye.com
PayPal Partner and Certified Developer - Kudos are Greatly Appreciated!
Login to Me Too

Jockstrap4239
Contributor
Contributor
Yes my account is fairly new and my fisrt sale on eBay was over 2 grand.But the sales I've made have all received positive feedback and my account and debit card are both linked.They took the money back when I attempted to transfer it from pay pal to my debit card.Thanks for responding btw
Login to Me Too

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor
Unfortunately, fraudsters have caused this sort of thing and you'll just have to go with the flow to get through it. Then it won't happen anymore.

Some fraudsters create new accounts, do a few sales to get some positive feedback, and then do the big one to try and scam and come out with a bigger dollar amount in cash. This causes patterns, and it sounds like your account has been flagged because it follows this similar pattern. PayPal is only trying to protect themselves, you, and your buyer because of the nasty people out there who have defrauded so many over the years.

If they're asking for any documentation or anything like that just make sure to provide it in a timely manner. Wait out the time limit and then you'll be able to withdrawal, and again, after a period of time where you continue selling without problems the limits will be removed.

Angell EYE - www.angelleye.com
PayPal Partner and Certified Developer - Kudos are Greatly Appreciated!
Login to Me Too

Jockstrap4239
Contributor
Contributor
Well I suppose your right.theirs nothing i can do but wait.I wish they would ask me to send i.d and proof of who I am.id be happy to send them everything short of blood sample for DNA.but all my emails get the same automated msg returns and unfortunately they picked a horrible time to do this.im on the verge of losing everything behind pay pal.i made an investment and I'm losing the potential returns every day they don't pay my money.but like you said I just gotta go with the flow.thank you again for the response.it was good to hear this is a common thing..lol I mean that it's not just me,I was worried it was something seriously wrong
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.