Will this show up on my bank statement?

Joegiesy1120
Contributor
Contributor
I am trying to buy my family Christmas presents off eBay, and I am 17 and on my parents bank account, with my own debit card. What I would like to do is make my purchase so that in my statement that my mother checks frequently, it won’t say what I bought I want it to just say “PayPal”. If I were to purchase something with PayPal but with my card not a PayPal balance, on a statement would it tell them what I bought them? I can’t add money to my account with my card because of some stupid identification stuff they want which I can’t provide because of my age. Asking for a friend. Thanks.
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @Joegiesy1120,

Thank you for posting in the community! I'm happy to help with some information.

If you use a debit card that is associated with a bank account that is shared with your family, there will be some details that come through to the bank statement. Whether or not the information is enough to tip off the recipient of a gift is not possible to predict. The description information that comes through is short and sweet, but moms are clever!

I did notice that you stated that you are 17 years old. Please note that it is a violation of the PayPal User Agreement to open an account before turning 18 years of age. I would recommend closing your PayPal account at the earliest opportunity to prevent limitation, which would potentially cause complications when you wish to later open an account that would comply with the agreement.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.