Why was my Paypal linked Android Pay transaction declined?

Tatsuns
Contributor
Contributor
So I have never used Android pay before but I finally tried it this evening after having verified my bank account for my Paypal Merchant account and only just to buy gas and some sodas....total amount was around $47.00. To my complete and utter frustration and embrassment my transaction was declined!!!! Repeatedly 4-5 times... to the point I eventually got frustrated and just paid cash and left. After checking my PayPal balance I realized that I had failed to make a transfer into it and had a zero balance available. I understand that it was on me for forgetting and not transferring funds beforehand, it was my understanding that if my PayPal account did not have enough funds to cover the transaction that it would pull from my backup funding source which would be my checking account. I am just trying to find out why PayPal did not pull funds from my checking account to cover the transaction? I also want to add that I removed my debit card that was linked to my Paypal because ot was recently lost and canceled, but should that even matter since my checking account is still linked to my account?
Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.