Why need Credit card to complete payment

PandaKun

I have no intend to use credit card on PayPal I earn money from OPskins (selling CSGO skin) I have money in my account and now I wanted to buy something I click pay now with PayPal on my website it redirected to pay pal login screen I logged in and it just ask me for freaking credit card WTH I have enough money inside my account there's no need for credit card My question : if I entered my credit card detail will the payment success immediately or I still Ned to wait for stupid verify thing Need advice

Login to Me Too
20 REPLIES 20

tonystefan

if I don't have/use a credit card. oeps! what then? 

Login to Me Too

Sledgehkg
Contributor
Contributor

I've exactly the same problem. I don't have a credit card, that's why I have a Paypal account. Kinda defeats the purpose of Paypal when you are required to register a credit card. (which I don't have, which is why I have a Paypal account) Around and around it goes, ad nauseum.

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

The reasons PAYPAL asks for bank,credit card,SS number etc is to know you better,in cyberspace,any one can claim to be whoever they want to be,but giving your SS,bank and credit information gives Paypal more confidence whom they are dealing with.

You may collect payment in your paypal account from your website selling whatever,what if there are chargebacks and disputes from your buyer?

what if you just close up shop without shipping your product?

if you are in business,give PAYPAL what they ask for,if you go with other payment processors,they would ask the same.

if you dont have a credit card,go get a prepaid card in supermarket

Login to Me Too

DMB70
Contributor
Contributor
This question is along the same lines. I typically use a credit card for my PayPal purchases, but I currently have money in my PayPal and it is my understanding that the money in my account will be used first when I make a purchase. Any remaining balance will then be charged to my credit card. I know the money is in there; however, it has not been used on any of my last three PayPal purchases. How can I correct this?
Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

check your payment preference

or when you are presented with a screen of where fund would come from,change it  

Login to Me Too

Rudolf3
Asking forum bank information could ben a sign that you're subject tot hackers. NEVER give your Cars information!
Login to Me Too

Haganu
New Community Member

Even with 2 bank accounts verified but no credit card account added PayPal keeps asking for credit card on any purchase I'm trying to make through it. I will not add a credit card, I would much rather just use the bank accounts I linked to my PayPal account (which also have both been verified btw).

I might as well just switch to iDeal, at least I can actually get my payment processed with it.

Login to Me Too

pantojaf
Contributor
Contributor

The solution is to go into your preferred payment method and choose your balance.... It is within Payments --> Preferred Choice

https://www.paypal.com/myaccount/money/flow/choice/select/success

Hope this helps. Best

Pablo 

Login to Me Too

LNova
New Community Member

uhm, well not really.

Even if you preference is set to PayPal credit/balance (or anything similair) You'd still have to add and verify a card.

Login to Me Too

SamFS
New Community Member
Let's be real, if my credit card is needed to pay in some way or form (validate the account) i might rather just use the card instead of paypal to pay... This unnecessary step makes this service redundant, there's many other ways to check if the account is mine like mail validation, fingerprint validation, sms, etc...
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.