Why is the money i received from a buyer not in my pending balance? PLEASE HELP

rosas301
Contributor
Contributor

I shipped an item to a buyer internationally who paid me through paypal. I recieved a message from paypal saying that the payment is in my pending balance and temporarily unavailable. The money would be available to me in 24-34hrs. I went and checked my pending balance or availability a day after and both had a balance of $0.00. I made sure that I sent a sent a picture of my reciept the same day I shipped the item to an email that was given to me (within the email of confirmation that I mentioned above) so the payment could be released. I also have not recieved an email saying the payment was cancled. I am confused as to where the money went. I checked my information and it was all correct. Can anyone help me please? I am not sure what to do.

Shipped item: 7/27/15

USPS international: 3-5 days business days

Payment was over 1,000

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

THIS IS A TYPICAL PAYPAL SCAM.

They encourage you to use paypal and often ask you to send the item as a gift to a relative somewhere often Nigeria.

You will get/got a "fake" email that looks as though it is from paypal.....it isn't.

It will say the buyer has paid ...you won't have been paid.

They will tell you that the payment is released when you provide paypal with a tracking/shipping number......this won't happen.

They also threaten legal action...have a laugh at that one and ignore it as its rubbish.

Paypal NEVER tell you to send trackable, they advise it for seller protection etc but it is not compulsory.

Paypal NEVER tell you to send an item before the payment is showing in your paypal account.

I give up my time to help you so a thank you or kudos would be cool.

Marking one of my replies as a solution would be appreciated if I sorted your problem.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

THIS IS A TYPICAL PAYPAL SCAM.

They encourage you to use paypal and often ask you to send the item as a gift to a relative somewhere often Nigeria.

You will get/got a "fake" email that looks as though it is from paypal.....it isn't.

It will say the buyer has paid ...you won't have been paid.

They will tell you that the payment is released when you provide paypal with a tracking/shipping number......this won't happen.

They also threaten legal action...have a laugh at that one and ignore it as its rubbish.

Paypal NEVER tell you to send trackable, they advise it for seller protection etc but it is not compulsory.

Paypal NEVER tell you to send an item before the payment is showing in your paypal account.

I give up my time to help you so a thank you or kudos would be cool.

Marking one of my replies as a solution would be appreciated if I sorted your problem.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

rosas301
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you so much for your help!! I truly appreciate you taking the time to look at my question

Do you mind helping me a little bit more pease?

I heard that when things like this occur I can open a case?

I really do not know much about this, for this is my second time selling a product through paypal.

Would it be possible for me to open a case and win against this fraud?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

As no part of this transaction was done via paypals site then no unfortunately you can't.

All you got was an email that pretending it was from paypal from a scammer probably in Africa somewhere.

No part of paypals site was used it was just a spoof email scam.     Smiley Sad

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.