Why is Pay After Delivery being discontinued?

anaisbon
Contributor
Contributor

Does anyone know why Pay After Delivery is being discontinued? I really enjoyed this service - kinda sucks that they're getting rid of it.

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor
Probably a simple matter of cost / benefit analysis.
Angell EYE - www.angelleye.com
PayPal Partner and Certified Developer - Kudos are Greatly Appreciated!
Login to Me Too

LDCTech
Contributor
Contributor
probably because people didn't pay after they received their items. probably too many snags and opportunists.
Login to Me Too

HottyScotty
New Community Member
Yeah I heard a lot of people were using the service for tons of stuff, and then just closing your bank account after, leaving Paypal high and dry
Login to Me Too

Gldndragon
New Community Member
Well now the honest buyer is going to get **bleep** when he legitimately doesn't receive an item from a seller scamming buyers. I have no problem having PayPal withdraw my funds and hold it till I receive the item and then release the funds when I give the OK. That way no one gets **bleep**. Is it possible that I could receive the item and claim that I didn't. Sure, but it is also possible that the seller could set up a bogus tracking number and claim they sent it. (I had this happen to me 2 times already) I was really happy I had the pay after delivery. I held the money (by notifying PayPal I didn't receive the item and opened a dispute) until I actually received the item and then I notified PayPal that I received the item and I closed the dispute. I am good to my word. Another example Is sellers taking 10 days or longer to actually put the package in the mail.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.