Why doesn't paypal resolution resolve??

Debnzona
Contributor
Contributor

I paid for items at a major clothing store using paypal. TWO DAYS LATER I returned the items to the store I had picked them up at due to the blazer and pants were really heavy duty material (good quality!) but too heavy and hot for Arizona where I live.  The manager said because I paid through paypal they had to send the items to headquarters and request a refund thru paypal.  Three weeks later I contacted paypal because I have never received that refund and they told me TWICE... you need to return the item!  I contacted the store manager who gave me her NAME, PHONE CONTACT and even the tracking number she returned them under and told me to have paypal contact her.  I once again contacted paypal giving them ALL this info and once again I got the generic reponse of "RETURN THE ITEM!" So obviously they do not read the email, they just respond.  No one ever bothered to contact her as of today and I still have almost $70.00 still sitting there with no help from paypal.  I am just really frustrated because I use paypal a LOT for the safety of purchase, this is the first time EVER I have had to ask for resolution and it has been a joke.  Can anyone give me advice of where to go from here??  Thank you for your help in advance!

Login to Me Too
11 REPLIES 11

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

This is an issue you need to resolve with the merchant.  Not all merchants accept returns for online purchases and not all merchants can refund directly.

You didn't do the return through PayPal so it is not a PayPal  issue.

Login to Me Too

Debnzona
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for that answer.  The merchant HAS processed a refund for my items.  The manager of the store verified they did and gave me all the information they had given TO PAYPAL.  So, yes it IS a paypal issue at this point because they have the money.  As I said, I gave PAYPAL ALL THE INFO the manager provided saying she had requested the refund thru paypal and ONCE AGAIN she even told me they can CALL HER if they have any questions about her requesting that refund but apparently no one has, they just keep telling me to return it.  Since I have never had a problem with paypal I thought returning to the vendor was the right thing to do but I guess you are telling me to return to paypal and they will return the items on their dime??? That would be good to know for EVERYONE who uses paypal if that is what you are telling me to do next time. thank you.

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Unless you provide details about what the merchant manager told you, there is no more information to add.

Login to Me Too

Debnzona
Contributor
Contributor

LOL... good answer. thx! 🙂   I wasn't looking for a reply from a paypal monitor.... I am looking for help from someone out there who used paypal and who this has happened to before. So if there is CONSUMER who has had to fight paypal to get back their monies that is what help I am looking for.  I need to know where I should take it from her to try and get it resolved and what YOU may have done to get back your monies.  I would truly appreciate help from an acutual consumer.  thanks everyone!  

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

I really don't know what you are fighting.

You returned an item.  The merchant processed the refund.  You don't know what those unstated details mean.  

It is not likely another user pruchased from your same merchant and then took it to a retail location for return.

What did the merchant tell you?  Was the refund processed as a refund to the original purhase transaction or by some other method?

Login to Me Too

Debnzona
Contributor
Contributor

What an answer.... they need better mediators I have to agree with all of you! I sent it up as inappropriate response.  Just found out from another community memeber who to write.  I am amazed to see what horrible attitudes some of these answers are from mediators! Write Consumer Affairs everyone...that is what I did! 🙂

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

One could help, but you failed to answer questions. 

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

You dont know how the store process Paypal refund,The store has a Paypal account just like you and I HAVE a Paypal account.

they have their merchandise b ack ,so they look up your transaction and hit refund.

The refund come back to Paypal,and Paypal should then refund you ,the sub account .

if Paypal does not know who to refund,it could just sit in its account.

there are others who have problems,those who go to Home Depot,yeah,they accept paypal direct and use Paypal to buy things and return,they never see their refund.

years ago,I have that problem with HD EXpo using my Paypal business debit card,HD did the refund,but I never get it.

it was more than $100

I think the problem is these stores are refunding Paypal not PAYPAL/SUBACCOUNT (YOU OR ME OR JOE OR MARY),and if PAYPAL does not allocate these refunds to our acount,we do not get the refund.  

Login to Me Too

Sram48
New Community Member

I resoved my duspute directly with the seller and did get a refund. How does one remove the dispute frim my PayPal account?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.