Why am I being charged more for shipping that buyer paid?

1coolme
Contributor
Contributor

I am from the U.S.A. and on eBay, I sold an item for $12.00+ shipping. I received a notification that an international buyer in Australia was charged and paid only $7.80 for shipping. But when I went to print the label, the shipping services are requiring me to pay between $27.00-$76.00 for shipping. That is MORE than what the buyer paid! I will be losing money, why would I want to do that? 

Any advice, please?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

TheJayJayStore
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Welcome to the forums, @1coolme! Are you sure you didn't receive the payment in a different currency? It's most likely that you received the payment in Australian Dollar. If so, there would be an "AUD" either before or after the amount in the "Transaction details." The only way you can tell it's not in United States Dollar is if "USD" is not before or after the purchase amount.

Did this help? Let me know by giving me some kudos and selecting this as the solution. Otherwise, go ahead and reply to this forum with the correct solution. Also, help other's in this community! Enjoy!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.