Where did my refund money go?

Error0Error
Contributor
Contributor
Hi, I'm new to PayPal. I recently sent over $39.98 including fees, to a friend. He refunded it, and they refund was "completed," but I have no idea where the money went. Since I was using a $40 vanilla visa gift card, the money can't be loaded back onto the card. So, you would assume that the money would make its way into my PayPal balance, right? Wrong. I have no idea where the money went and help would be much appreciated. (btw the two transactions were made over 24 hours ago)
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

What are the details of the transcation in your PayPal account?  Does it show refund issued or completed and is it linked to the payment transaction?

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Look up the gift card's terms and conditions on refunds to see if refunds go back on the card or not.  Go to the website listed on the card for that.  If the refunds go back on the card, read this: https://www.paypal.com/us/selfhelp/article/i-want-a-refund.-how-do-refunds-work-faq3248

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.