When someone sends you money, what info can they see?

Prettyfeet
Contributor
Contributor
5 REPLIES 5

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

You can see the Sender's PayPal email address, their name, and optional note.   And vice versa.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Prettyfeet
Contributor
Contributor

I was told by customer service that the person sending you money can only see my email address I give them, no other info. So I guess I'm kinda confused. If I give someone my email address to send money, how do they get to my info with just an email address?

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Your email address is all they need to send you money.

Login to Me Too

Prettyfeet
Contributor
Contributor

I know they only need the email address to send money. ☺ 

Basically I sell foot fetish pics, and I don't want customers to see my real name. I called customer service said that when someone sends me money they get a confirmation saying that I received it, no info is given except my email address. But then I got a reply on here saying they can see my name. 

So my question is how can I keep my personal info private? 

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

I assumed you just wanted someone to send money.

What you really want is for someon to pay you for goods/services. That's quite diffent.  In that case the buyer must see your name and should also see your address.  A buyer has a right to know the name and address of the seller.

If you have a PayPal business account, then your business name will be displayed rather than yourpersonal name.

When selling it's best to create a PayPal invoice and email that to the potential buyer.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.