When can I get my refund?

Hoang2112
Contributor
Contributor

On 21/11/2017 I made a transfer of money with family and friends to buy a software. I pay the money through a visa. But I forgot to note him so he refunded me. On the paypal site the refund transaction has been completed but so far I have not received money on my visa account. And what about the name on the paypal does not match the name on the visa affect the money transfer to my account? And if that money can not be returned on my visa will be added to my paypal account or will be sent back to the other. sorry for my bad english so i am using google translator.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Ashley

Hi @Hoang2112!

Thanks for stopping in the PayPal Community Help Forums! 🙂 I'm sorry to hear there have been some troubles with locating a refund and I'm happy to offer some information on refunds. 

When you've paid with a card and receive a refund, it normally takes 2-5 business days for a refund to be reflected on your card balance. It can take up to 30 days (one billing cycle) depending on your card issuer.

I also noticed that you mentioned your original friends and family payment was supposed to be for a purchase of software. For security and buyer protection purposes, purchases should always be funded using the "Goods and Services" option through Send Money. Payments made through friends and family are not covered under PayPal Buyer Protection

I hope this helps!

-Ashley

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.