What to do after loosing a charge back?

Saad-Almo

So I have lost some in the past and I am sure I will lose this one also. Basically I want to know where could I report it and what do I say there.

I do have the IP and email of the person who purchased the item(s). I am not sure if i should report it to the IC3, FTC, Or local authorities or maybe all of them. If I did what should I say to them and what is the proccess?

I am sick and tired of letting these people just win and take hard earned money as I sit all day trying to make it. I want to put a stop to this and get the money I worked hard for back. Please reply to this if you could help out, thank you very much.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Quandary
Advisor
Advisor

You can do an appeal if there was a claim against you.

Here’s how:

Click Resolve a problem in our Resolution Center.
    Select Closed Cases from the list and find the transaction.
    Click the View button in the Action column.
    Click Appeal this claim and follow the prompts.

Note: After a claim has been closed, you have 10 calendar days to appeal the decision.

(There are cases whereas the buyer took advantage of their credit card issuer policies and the credit card issuer refunded the money to the buyer. )

Yes, you can contact the BBB, report to local authorities, etc. but, basically they can't really turn things around, they don't have the resoucres to follow through with what's needed to be done.  Anything online is kind of like trying to catch a ghost.

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

There is no appeal with chargeback,it is decided by the buyer's credit card issuer,however you can go to VISA/MC and dispute the outcome but it is very expensive/

if you want some advice,here is one whichhas been going around since Ebay,dont sell anything you cant afford  to lose .

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

While you can't appeal a chargeback case (PayPal has already done all it can with the credit card), you can take advantage of PayPal seller protection.  This is why it is so important to follow the rules when selling.

Check your initial payment transaction page for information.  If you complied with PayPal requirements, then PayPal should reimburse you for the cargeback costs.

You worked hard for the money, so go the next step and follow the required seller protection steps to safeguard your money.  You can't blame PayPal for your own failure to comply.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.