What happened to my withdraw money if my paypal name is not the same as my bank account name?

NajibRazak
Contributor
Contributor

What happened to my withdraw money if my paypal name is not the same as my bank account name? It was successful and they pull 50 euro money from my paypal balance but still haven't received the money after 2-3 days to my bank account. I withdraw the money to my mastercard. I read paypal guide after what happened and i find out that the withdrawal will be fail if my paypal name is not the same as my bank account name and i shouldn't withdraw my paypal balance to my mastercard. Will i get my money back?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

NajibRazak
Contributor
Contributor

I received the withdraw money this morning. It was just a bit late that i have to wait 5 days to received the money to my bank account. My paypal name wasn't a problem as long as the IBAN number is same like your bank account. Anyway, i still need to change my paypal name though.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

it should come back to you after x number of days,why dont you read Paypal guidelines before not after transfer.

Login to Me Too

NajibRazak
Contributor
Contributor

@sumiko wrote:

it should come back to you after x number of days,why dont you read Paypal guidelines before not after transfer.

It was a mistake. I should have read the guidelines before doing anything. It's my first time using paypal.

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

how did you manage to link the bank account if names are different?  

Login to Me Too

NajibRazak
Contributor
Contributor

@sumiko wrote:

how did you manage to link the bank account if names are different?  

because of the IBAN numbers and address.

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

If there is a real issue with the return, you might even have your account limited for suspicious activity due to name issues.

Login to Me Too

NajibRazak
Contributor
Contributor

@DPCreations wrote:

If there is a real issue with the return, you might even have your account limited for suspicious activity due to name issues.

I've sent all my private identity cards and passport to them today. I think they will take a look at those first before doing anything. Just hope that they will do something about it.

Login to Me Too
Solved

NajibRazak
Contributor
Contributor

I received the withdraw money this morning. It was just a bit late that i have to wait 5 days to received the money to my bank account. My paypal name wasn't a problem as long as the IBAN number is same like your bank account. Anyway, i still need to change my paypal name though.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.