We don't recognize the device you're using

Starpegs
Contributor
Contributor

I try to withdraw money to my checking account. It asks me to confirm checking account. I do that. It says it is verified but when I hit continue it says....<We don't recognize the device you're using>  

Whats the problem? Need to figure this out!

Steve

Login to Me Too
12 REPLIES 12

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Unfortunately the PayPal Community Help Forum is "not" customer support.

We are a member to member help group. Most "Advisers" are online business owners who have years of experience using and working with PayPal. We "volunteer" our time to help other members.

There are scenarios that we cannot resolve because we don't have access to user account details or user account transaction history records. Only PayPal's Customer Support Reps can do that.

For specific account related assistance such as this, we suggest that you contact PayPal's Customer Support Department direct, this can be done via email, phone or through Twitter @AskPayPal or via Private Message on their Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/PayPal

Login to Me Too

Buckskin
New Community Member

I find it hard to believe that no one in this forum has ever had this problem. Surely if someone else had the problem and found a resolution, it would be great for them to share it here. Even though I have never used a different computer to log in anduse PayPal, it refuses to "recognize" my device so transferring money to my bank is impossible. When I called technical support, I was told to clear my browser cache. I did and it worked. Today it didn't work, so I have no access to my money in the near future.

Login to Me Too

glenngo
Contributor
Contributor

Same problem.  Used my ipad since last year and for the last 48hours pp  can't recognize my devide.  I can't transfer money to my account and have emailed pp over and over and over.  Any suggestions?

Login to Me Too

cloud3000
New Community Member

Same problem, the security check just loops back to the start, groundhog day.

Login to Me Too

CleverNameHere
New Community Member

Okay, I know the question is old, but I was having this problem myself when trying to send money to someone, and hunting on the forum did not yield any answers for me. I got ahold of Paypal customer service by private messaging them via Facebook, and have since been able to fix my problem, so I'm letting anyone else who's had this problem know what worked for me!

I was told to change my password and security questions. Literally that is all it took for me. For whatever reason, despite having recently changed the password, changing these fixed the problem instantly.

Login to Me Too

Jbro2
New Community Member

I had the same problem. I ended up downloading the app and withdrew money through there succesfully. If you havea devce that allows you to download the app, this might work.

Login to Me Too

Mandarina
New Community Member

I had the same problem when trying to withdraw the money from Paypal account. It has been nightmare, because there is no help from Paypal. I have written them several times and no solution was given. The guy who wrote to use the app is right. I did the same and it immediately worked! Thanks so much.

Login to Me Too

Tom_Kenny
Contributor
Contributor

Had this same problem on both my smartphone and PC. It took me a stressful and hard-to-afford 45 minutes to fix.

Firstly on my PC I went round the loop a couple of times, cleared the browser cache, changed my password and changed my security questions and re-booted. I was still unable to withdraw funds to my bank account on my PC.

Secondly on my smartphone I de-installed the PayPal app, then re-installed it. I could then withdraw funds to my bank account on my PayPal smartphone app.

At no point did I request help from PayPal. In summary I recommend the following:

1. Change your PW and security questions.

2. De-install any existing PayPal app on your smartphone, then re-install the latest version.

3. Withdraw funds using the app.

Login to Me Too

WithdrawingDude
Contributor
Contributor

I found a solution that worked for me. I also got stuck in the loop when trying to confirm through my credit card number, it just forced me to do it over and over again.

I tried changing password and security options and it didn't seem to do anything. Then I simply added the bank account again, and it let me through!

Hope this helps anyone with this annoing problem 🙂

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.